Friday, March 31, 2017

Exercise in Eating Disorder Recovery

Stop all exercise. You need to gain weight. Sounds familiar? Well, it is wrong! And I'll tell you why...
In this video, I'll be tackling a whole bunch of exercise-related FAQs, including:
  1. Is it ok to exercise in recovery?
  2. Is it ok to exercise when underweight?
  3. What if you DO think you are ready to start working out again?
  4. Did I stop exercising? 
  5. My thoughts on beauty ideals
  6. My current exercise routine



It is generally indeed better not to exercise while in recovery (both mentally and physically). In fact, when you are still underweight and you exercise, you could be using your muscles (instead of fat, which your body doesn't have enough of) to fuel the workout, hereby breaking down muscle instead of building it! But as I said, it's not so simply as that and, although it's generally better to weight until after you are recovered, even then there are a few questions to ask yourself and a few measures to take.



Anyway, I'm planning to go more in-depth on this topic in my upcoming book, so be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel and/or email list in order to be updated about this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts and comments with me! I absolutely love to hear from you :-)