Friday, March 3, 2017

Hospitalization | Eating Disorder Recovery

For National Eating Disorder Awareness Week, I decided to share with you an additional video covering my experience with anorexia hospitalization... in Hungary, Slovakia and Belgium.

Hospitalized for the first time in Hungary (intensive care and then regular inpatient treatment) in 2009, I had no idea what I had gotten myself into. Trapped in a new world with people speaking a different language than me, I felt hopeless, yet I slowly crawled back to the surface... until in 2013  a life-changing move to Slovakia against brought me into hospital, this time in Bratislava.

Locked behind double doors and with bars in front of the windows, this experience was worse. My weight did not budge and I went into treatment in Belgium... Welcome, all-inclusive!

If you want to learn more about the main differences between eating disorder treatments abroad, check out my latest video. Also, let me know: what experiences do you have with inpatient treatment? What has helped you most in your recovery?



In the end, remember this: opting for hospitalization is not a weakness. It takes courage to "hand over control," and it in fact gives you so much more in return. What matters is your health -- and that you never stop fighting xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts and comments with me! I absolutely love to hear from you :-)